Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy "Going Into Labor" Day?

OH, HOW I WISH!!! I am SO VERY ready to have this baby! I will give you one last belly shot later this week, as well as a look at some of our sweet baby goodies.

Yesterday we went to the mall and did some shopping. The HOFFER took Little Bit to Build-a-Bear to spend birthday money from Grandma, and I went to the maternity store to get some must-have nursing items. And now that I have THAT out of the way, Baby Bit can come anytime she wants!!! I must admit I am a bit torn: while I am anxious to be done and have Baby Bit here, I also like the stability of knowing exactly when/where/who for my C-section on September 9th. If she decides to come before then (and I don't yet have any indication that she will), everything will have to be taken care of spontaneously and there will be some questions: will my doctor or a fill-in be there; can I get WonderDog into the kennel right now; did I pack everything I need, etc. If I can hang on for EIGHT MORE DAYS for my scheduled C-section, everything is a known factor and falls easily into place. So you understand my dilemma.

While we were at the mall yesterday, we ran into some friends of ours who were shopping for a mutual BMX buddy who is turning 40 this week. They decided, as did most of us, to get him a gag gift, and they chose a book titled "Sex After 40". Opening the book, you find a bunch of blank pages. These friends showed the book to their daughter, who is a freshman in college. She took one look at the title, and a look of abject fear at the prospect of looking inside the book spread quickly across her face! It was priceless! And yes, she took a chance and peeked inside. You could see the relief engulf her. :-)

After the mall, we headed to the Birthday Boy's house for a surprise party. When he opened his "Sex After 40" book, I was able to raise my hand and "debunk that myth!" The HOFFER raised his arms as if in victory. :-) It was a fun time but a long evening, and I was glad to get home. Today is a day to stay home, relax and do some "quiet" things, like write thank-you notes, finish some school items with Little Bit, take a much-needed nap, and of course, write the obligatory blog post. I had a pretty long post rolling around in my head early this morning as I tried to go back to sleep, but much of it has gone the way of the Dodo bird. Alas, Pregnant Brain strikes again! So it's back to bed I go for yet another nap...or perhaps to the kitchen for something to eat! More later this week!

2 comments:

Becky said...

EEEEEE! I'm soooo excited for you guys!

LOL on your friends gift...and you two dubunking the myth. ;)!

Can't wait to see pictures of everything...especially that little baby!

Prayers that the Lord will give you a safe birth and quick recovery, and that baby bit will be healthy and strong. God Bless you guys!

Jenster said...

Funny Book!!! Even though I know THAT'S a myth! *wink*

Can't wait to see the belly and then the baby!!

Oh. Everything Becky said!