Monday, August 25, 2008

If You Blinked, You Missed It

Didja' see any of the BMX coverage from the Olympics? Wowee...what coverage. I'm overwhelmed. I'm sorry, but plain and simple, IT SUCKED. Bob Costas, on the air, states that BMX "is a sport I know nothing about." Oh, silly me, I THOUGHT IT WAS YOUR JOB TO KNOW THIS STUFF. ISN'T THAT WHAT YOU GET PAID TO DO????? Nicely done, genius.

Oh, did I just write that out loud?

Because it rained in Beijing, BMX got rained out for a day, as the track was an outdoor track. (Yes, some tracks are indoors.) The good thing about that is our buddy Kyle Bennett had wrecked and dislocated his shoulder in one of his qualifying races, and that rain delay gave him an extra day to recover. The bad thing was it knocked most of the races off your TV screen, so BMX didn't get the coverage we had hoped to see. So in case you missed it, Latvia won the gold, and the US brought home the silver and bronze. Our friend Donny Robinson was the bronze medal winner! WOO HOO!!! Congrats!!!

***************************************************************************
Hang on...WonderDog needs a bathroom break, and I don't really want him using my carpet as his toilet.

Okay...thanks for waiting. I'm back.

***************************************************************************

School started up again for us last Thursday. I used to think this was a stupid idea, starting school with only a couple of days left in a week, but my mind has since been changed. The nice thing is it lets the kids, parents, teachers, etc., ease into the new school year. This way the getting up early for the first time in literally months isn't quite as painful, because only a couple of days later you get the weekend off to recoup from the initial shock. Little Bit LOOOOOOVES her 4th grade teacher, but school in general, and homework specifically, is definitely not her favorite thing. That should come as no surprise...neither the HOFFER nor I were that fond of school, so we get it. It's the vocalization of those dislikes that has become the issue at hand. Little Bit is not one of these people that gets things done in a hurry when assigned a task she dislikes. She draaaaaaaaaags it out, procrastinating in the hopes that she can get out of whatever task it might be, complaining the entire way, and generally making life miserable for anyone within earshot. And believe me, she does not give in easily. While I appreciate her dedication to her cause, there's always a point where she just needs to give in, suck it up and deal with it. Unfortunately, she hasn't figured that out yet.

If WE don't figure this out, this is going to be a very...long...year.

On a lighter note, if you haven't read Jenster's posts about her kids starting school, it's a riot!!! Here's "Ye Olde Tale" and "Ye Olde Tale, Part II". Quick, go read them, then pop back here. I'll wait.

*************************************************************************************
Oh, back already? That Jenster is a hoot, isn't she???

So I'm just a couple of weeks away from my scheduled C-section, and let me tell you just how excited I am about it. I can't wait for someone else to hold this very precious yet very wiggly baby girl. Things continue to progress as they should, and I've noticed a few contractions here and there. Nothing very strong...yet...but contractions nonetheless. After all, my body doesn't care if I'm having a C-section or not. We are just about prepared for her arrival. I have a few nursing items still to buy, but that should be an easy thing to get done. I frequently get asked if the nursery is ready, and the answer is no. Perhaps I should have taken care of that during my second trimester when I had the energy, but I figured she's not going to be sleeping in there any time soon, so I wasn't too worried about it. The problem that has arisen, however, is where I put all her STUFF: clothes, toys, etc. So I'm having to make room in my room for everything. Not too big a deal, but some of my wonderfully generous friends have given us clothes for several months down the road. I hope I don't sound ungrateful...I'm not. I just planned poorly. Oh well...it will all work out...somehow.

*****************************************************************************

I should probably add something else here, but I got nothing. So I'll stop here for now.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Oh, man...and here I thought you were going to announce that Tiny Bit was here, lol!

Bummer on the lack of Olympics coverage for BMX, and congrats to your friend on the medal! That's exciting stuff! (What's wrong with Bob Costas, anyway...didn't he ride a bike as a boy?!)

Three words on organizing baby stuff:
IKEA Expedit Shelving.

16 cubbies with drawers that can be purchased to fit snugly inside...hold EVERYTHING up against the wall. I highly recommend it! They come in black, brown, white and I think a piney color. We have a white one, and bought frosty bluish plastic drawers that you can see through...but go with generally any decor. Easy to locate whatever I need at a glance, but still hide it all away.

Then, when she's older, you can use the drawers as toy storage bins.

Jenster said...

Yeah, I blinked. But I did hear the word "BMX" and though of The Hoffer.

Are you sure Little Bit isn't me? Nah, you're right. Silly of me. I'm too old...

Thanks for the shout out! LOL (Too much Monty Python.)

I'm so excited!! It's almost baby time!! WOO HOO!!! I can't wait to see the pictures. :o) You and all your peoples are in my prayers!

Katybug said...

Becky, you may have just solved my storage problem, with BOTH girls!!! AND it comes in the right color too. Little Bit's current bedroom furniture is similar to that birch color and VERY hard to match with other stuff. Thanks for the great recommendation!

Jenster, I know Little Bit isn't you...she's more than likely ME!!! I am my biggest problem!!! LOL! And really, can there be too much Monty Python???? Thanks for your prayers!!!

The Daily Bee said...

I thought for sure you were going to announce Tiny Bit's arrival. lol.

I did see a glimpse of BMX, Yay for the US Bronze! Next Olympics they need someone with BMX background to cover the games. The fact that he outright admitted he knew nothing... okay then!

Tick tock, times getting close.... =)