Monday, August 18, 2008

More BMX...And More Baby

Thanks to everyone who has participated in the BMX Hall of Fame voting! If you haven't voted yet, you need to do it soon. The deadline for voting is September 4th, so go make your voice heard! The three nominees suggested by The HOFFER (see last post) are very deserving, and voting takes a quick 60 seconds, so hop to it!!!

If you've never seen an actual BMX race, your big chance is this week while watching the Olympics! This was posted last week on the American Bicycle Association BMX website (www.ababmx.com):

"The 2008 Olympics are well underway in Beijing, China and BMX racings' debut is just a week away. The excitement is building within the industry and fans with the anticipation for BMX racing hitting the world stage. Below are the airdates and times listed by NBC. We just wanted everyone to be aware of the dates and times so they don't miss out. Please forward this on to all your friends and family to spread the BMX word. GO TEAM USA!!


Aug. 19th 8:00-9:00pm, Primetime, Live ET/CT
Men's BMX Cycling
Aug. 20th 12:30-2:00am
Men's BMX Cycling Quarterfinals
Aug. 20th 2:00-5:00am
Men's BMX Cycling, Primetime Replay


Aug. 20th 8:00-10:00pm, Primetime, Live ET/CT
Mens and Womens BMX Cycling Finals
Aug. 21st 2:00-5:00am
Mens and Womens BMX Cycling Finals, Primetime Replay"


Be sure to set your DVR/Tivo/VCR/whatever you use to record TV shows for TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY to see some of BMX's finest giving their all. While watching, be sure to cheer on a couple of The HOFFER's buddies who are riding for Team USA: Kyle Bennett and Donny Robinson. WOO HOO!!!

***********************************************************************************

More baby stuff to come. Assuming she doesn't come early, we are three weeks away (as of August 19th) from welcoming Tiny Bit into the family. I'm feeling fine, although a bit panicky because I feel like I still have so much to do before she gets here. I was able to cross several big ones off my list this past weekend, after Little Bit's birthday and family leaving town. I had a huge burst of energy Sunday and got quite a bit done trying to return some semblance of order to my house and my laundry load! Yes, I know that is often a sign that the baby's coming soon. But hey, three weeks IS soon, so I'm counting on that!!! School starts on Thursday, so I will give you birthday party details and baby stuff at that time.

Till then, GO TEAM USA!!!!!!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Whoa, woman...if you've got the nesting instinct this soon...that baby might be coming sooner than you think, lol.

Can hardly wait!

Jenster said...

Only three weeks?!?!

I can hardly wait!!!!!

The Daily Bee said...

Ditto to the above! Can't wait to see her!

Katybug said...

Becky, I don't think this was nesting. I think this was being fed up with my house looking like a tornado hit! ;-)

Jenster & Deb, I can't wait either! I may still have things to do in preparation, but I am SO very ready! It'll be nice to let someone else hold her. ;-)