Friday, April 11, 2008

I AM STUNNED

Are you an American Idol devotee? Did you see Thursday night's show? If you did, are you as shocked as I am? I am absolutely REELING! What is up with this???? What is going on???

Last season, after their Idol Gives Back show, they decided that every contestant was safe that week, but that two contestants would be eliminated the following week. This year, they decided to not do it again that way, and who was eliminated? Michael Johns.

What is up with this??? This just goes to show that ANYONE, regardless of how amazingly talented they are, can be kicked off the show! I was absolutely certain beyond any shadow of a doubt that Michael would end up one of the final two contestants (with David Cook as the other). Did you SEE his performance of Bohemian Rapsody during Hollywood Week? Did you SEE him sing Light My Fire better than Jim Morrison ever thought of singing it? Have you ever heard ANYONE else even ATTEMPT to sing ANYTHING by Queen and do it justice? Michael Johns not only did We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions justice, HE KICKED IT IN THE (fill in the blank)!!!! This is so weird. So much so that I think Idol has something up its proverbial sleeve. I won't be terribly surprised if they somehow manage to bring him back next week. If they don't, well, they're just morons. I am certain that, whether or not he's really off the show or Idol's just messing with us, Michael Johns will come out with a CD some time over the next year. And I will be standing in line to buy it. Rock on, Michael!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

An Australian can't win American Idol I suppose. He was awesome and had some of the most consistently awesome performances. You should know, we watch it together and play footsie during commercials. Yes, we have a DVR where we could fast forward, but footsie is way more fun.

I sure do like you a whole lot.

Shauna said...

LOL! Cash, you're too funny!

I am absolutely SHOCKED that Michael was sent home. I'm a huge fan of the show, but I confess that I hardly ever watch the results shows. Too many other great shows on Wednesday nights. Why hasn't that young girl (with the long blond hair who looks like a Model) been kicked off yet?? Huh? Terrible injustice. That girl should have gone four weeks ago. She is SOOOOOO pitchy when she sings that it's painful to watch! This is the part of AI that I don't like. The popularity contest, where great singers go home because they aren't a size 4 with "legs up to here." (quote from Brigitte Jone's Diary 2).

Jenster said...

I haven't gotten to watch much Idol this year. :o( But even I was surprised he was cut. It seems a little fishy to me!

BTW - I've tagged you for a meme. :o)

The Daily Bee said...

I was surprised and sad. I think he is one of the best singers in the top 8 and he should have gotten more publicity.

To top it off, he's a nice guy and a great performer! Shame, shame, shame.

Andrea Frazer said...

I don't watch American Idol, but am going to start soon. I need an addiction like TV. Seriously. I don't watch anything but Oprah. Which I like, but sometimes it's depressing. Depends.

Anyway, thanks for visiting the Babycenter blog. See you at yours, mine or at Jenster's!

Katybug said...

Hey Mama P! I can't watch Oprah...I get too emotional: angry, sad, whatever...I don't have the time to spend that kind of emotion on a daily basis. So glad you stopped by. I am at Babycenter regularly, as I am due September 14th but had never seen you there. I look forward to reading more by you!!! See you around in Cyberspace!