Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Baby News...Again

As you can see from my counter at the top of my blog, I'm at 19 weeks, and all is well. Nothing much new so far. My last appointment (that I CLEARLY neglected to blog about!) went smoothly...heard the baby's heartbeat, which is WAY COOL!!! This week I go and find out if we're having a boy or a girl, and I promise to post a belly shot before the end of the week. I am rather rotund these days!

A funny story about the sonogram scheduling: The HOFFER was leaving his office last week and was half-way out the door when he stopped to check with his lovely assistant (who will now be referred to as the Lovely Assistant) about his upcoming appointments. An older woman was on her way past him to the dentist's office next door when he asked his Lovely Assistant, "When is our sex-thing scheduled?" It was at that point that The HOFFER realized someone had overheard his question. The Lovely Assistant just laughed as he sped out the door and ran right into the elevator to be alone with his humiliation.

Okay, so that's all I have for now. I'll have more after Thursday!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Bwahahaha...sex-thing...*snorts*
That was hilarious!

A couple of years ago, my MIL was in the market for a new car. A lady in her Bible study group is the wife of a GM from a local dealership. She arranged for my MIL to get a pretty good deal on her new car, for which my MIL was very grateful.

A week later, the woman asked how things were working out, knowing that my MIL wasn't sure how to operate all the bells and whistles on it. My MIL replied, "So far so good...but I do think I'm going to need your hubby to help me put my bra on..." and at that moment, the room became oddly quiet. They both started laughing their heads off at how that sounded, and my MIL tried to correct things by saying, "You know, the bra that goes over the headlights?" Then she blushed, "ON THE CAR, Ladies!"

Funny stuff.

Katybug said...

Oh Becky, that is a RIOT!!!! How funny!!! I have a funny verbal faux pas story of my own that is one of the most embarrassing things I've ever said. I will leave that for another post. Or possibly just leave it. ;-)

Jenster said...

D'OH!!!!! To both The Hoffer and Becky's MIL!!! LOL