Monday, April 7, 2008

Another Video--This One's REALLY GOOD!!!

I had hoped to do more posting over the weekend, but we had a friend in from Wisconsin as well as a shin-dig in his honor, and I am still pretty much a worn out cookie. So for your listening and viewing pleasure, and until I get back to posting more stuff, here is a video of our friend Jessica. She is a senior in high school and is performing here at her school's version of American Idol. Not only is she lovely inside and out, she has a beautiful voice. As if that's not cool enough, she also races BMX with us and is rated #3 in the nation. She's the whole package. I think you'll enjoy hearing her sing, even with Grandma's cell phone going off in the middle of her song!

More stuff--baby, Chester and otherwise--to come soon. Oh, before I pass you on to the video, I have to tell you about what The Hoffer did today. He left for Augusta, Georgia this afternoon. Those of you who are golf fans have a pretty good idea of what I'm about to tell you: YES HE'S GOING TO THE MASTERS!!!! Tuesday only, but WHO CARES???? If you're not a golf/sports fan, The Masters is the most prestigious PGA tournament of the year, as well as the most sought-after and difficult ticket to get in ALL of sports. I can assure you he will be driving up Magnolia Lane in tears Tuesday morning. I'll be in tears with him. He made a short post about it on his blog, so check out Cash Flows when you get a minute.

One final thing: if you are in the mood for some good romance, check out the blog site for Christian romance writer Kristy Dykes. I must embarrassingly confess I have never read Kristy's books, but after reading her blog about her and her husband, WHO NEEDS TO???? (No offense, Kristy!!! I promise to read your books, but are they half as romantic as you and Milton???) These two are the sweetest couple I have ever seen. Kristy was diagnosed with brain cancer last year, and you should read some of the posts her husband Milton has written. Even before her diagnosis, these two are just sick in love with each other. I have been lurking around her blog for a good while, posting only on occasion, but since her diagnosis all I can do is watch and pray. Their absolute devotion to each other is a beautiful thing to see. Please check it out, and keep them on your prayer list.

Alright, without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, performing Misty, I give you the lovely and talented Jessica.





6 comments:

Jenster said...

She does have a beautiful voice!

Oh, trust me. I KNOW what the Masters is. I don't have a choice...

Looking forward to the upcoming posts!

The Daily Bee said...

Wow, Nice blues voice.

Yah, for the hoffer.

I've never read anything by Kristy Dykes, I'll have to head over and check her blog out.

Becky said...

I'll have to go check out Kristy Dykes blog, too.

The Masters, huh? I had no idea it was such a big to-do to get tickets, but I'm glad he got one.

Can't wait to hear more about your little one!

Katybug said...

Hey girls!!! Always glad to have you stop by! I also hope to read one of Kristy's books soon. If they are half of what she & her husband have, they should be fabulous! Once the Hoffer makes it back from Georgia, I'll put up another belly shot. I think I'm overdue for that! And speaking of Georgia, if you're not "forced" to watch the Masters like Jenster (grin), it's worth checking out for at least 30 minutes just to see the scenery. Holes 12 & 13 are particularly beautiful, even if you don't like golf! :-)

Jenster, how are you enjoying Katie's roses? ;-)

Hi Deb, I too say YEA FOR THE HOFFER! He was pretty much as I suspected this morning: barely able to contain himself he was so excited.

Becky, how's your car? :-)

Shauna said...

Wow, she has a beautiful voice. Is Jazz her genre of choice?

Yeah for the Hoffer! I know some guys who are gonna be CRAZY JEALOUS. ;-)

I went and checked out Kristy's site. *sniff, sniff* They are sooo sweet and in love it makes you misty. Did ya catch that? Misty?? Like the song Jessica sang? Sigh. Okay, not really that funny, but I'm not firing on all cylinders right now. ;-)

YES, YES, YES! More belly pictures! Am soooo excited! Pregnancy just looks so good...on everyone else. :0)

Katybug said...

Actually, Shauna, I think this song might've been her boyfriend's idea (he's the piano player), and she took it from there. She can sing pretty much anything. The first time The HOFFER ever heard her sing was when she was in jr. high (7th or 8th grade, can't remember which) and she sang the National Anthem at a BMX race. He was in tears and gave her $50! My favorite song that Jessica sings is Allison Krause's (or Keith Whitley's) "When You Say Nothing At All". It really suits her voice.

And yeah, I got the joke! Very good for not firing on all cylinders! Kristy & Milton are quite the pair. I've never seen anyone quite like them.

You're hilarious! I love seeing other women pregnant. It looks so good on them. I achieved whale status with Little Bit, so I wisely stayed away from beaches. I'm hopeful I don't get quite that rotund with Baby Bit. We find out next week what we're having!