Sunday, March 9, 2008

New Baby Picture

Thanks, everyone, for indulging me in my continuous baby conversation. I hope to give you a bit of a break soon and talk about some books I've been reading since Christmas, but first I have to show you a new baby picture.







Isn't he an absolute LOVE?????

The HOFFER and Little Bit have been begging to get a dog for months, but I have had some pretty strong reservations. First, I'm allergic to dogs; on a scale of 1-4, I'm a 3. It's usually a delayed reaction, but nevertheless, I am allergic to dogs. Second, most of the dogs we have previously owned weren't a good match for me. Bunker was awesome...he was an older white lab that was just about as sweet as they come. Sandy was a jealous mixed-breed that was so strong, had she been human, could've played in the NFL. She was always butting in between us and Bunker, and poor Bunker rarely got any attention. Eddie was a hoot. He was a toy fox terrier with a personality that wouldn't quit. He was so fast and spastic that he could out-run Emmitt Smith. (Not that Emmitt Smith is spastic...just fast.) But he was a bit much for me. Buddy was a stray that ate everything--and I mean EVERYTHING--in our garage. The other dogs didn't like him, so we didn't keep him long. All that to say that dogs and I haven't had the greatest history. I'm actually a cat person, but The HOFFER is SEVERELY allergic to cats, so no cats. And finally, with the baby coming in September, I had to figure out the right time to get a dog.

That was when The HOFFER found Arthur.

He's a Cavalier King Charles spaniel. He's hypoallergenic, doesn't shed much, is very low-key, very sweet, and will be no bigger than about 12 pounds. How perfect can a dog get???? Arthur is the name the breeder gave him, but we are probably going to change that.

So we went to pick him up today, and he has made himself right at home in our laps and our hearts. I knew God would bring us just the right dog. Didn't He do a fabulous job???

8 comments:

Becky said...

I love the continuous baby conversation! And LOL, here I was thinking it would be an ultrasound baby picture.

Arthur is adorable, though, and that is soo0 awesome that he's hypoallergenic!

Plus, training him will get you back in the groove of taking care of a baby and toddler again...

Congratulations on your new addition!

The Daily Bee said...

He is adorbale. Almost doesn't look real. Can a dog be any cuter?!

I love the name Arthur, kinda matches his breed name.

Jenster said...

What a cutie!! I like the name Arthur - though it was King Charles II who had a bevy of Cavalier Spaniels, you know. (I KNOW! You don't have to tell me I'm a nerd.)

And you talk about babies all you want! I doubt any of us will get tired of reading it!

Katybug said...

Hi Becky, I'm glad you don't mind the baby talk. Trust me, there will be plenty more to come!!! One of the things that concerned me about getting a dog was the timing. We are currently on our spring break, so God's timing couldn't have been more perfect. Arthur (I think we're going to call him Chester) and Little Bit are getting to know each other really well and having a lot of fun together...good bonding time. Plus he'll be all trained and used to us by the time Baby Bit arrives. Again, God couldn't have done a better job! ;-)

Hey Deb, he DOES look a bit like a stuffed animal, doesn't he? And while we like Arthur, Chester seems to fit him better personality-wise.

Jenster, NO WAY!!! LOL!!! I cannot believe you knew that!!! We didn't even know until after we got him home!!! I LOVE your nerdiness! Glad you like baby talk! As I said before, there's a lot more to come!!!

Jenster said...

I'm glad you love my nerdiness! It's from all the historical reading I do (or used to do). I bore -- I mean amaze my family all the time with the totally uselss information I have in my noggin.

I love Chester, too! Very cute. I want to cuddle him!!

God is pretty incredible, isn't He? I don't know why I'm always amazed at His perfectness - I should be used to it by now. :o)

Shauna said...

He looks too perfect to be real. Like one of those adorable plush dogs that stare mournfully down from the toy shelf where they sit, begging to be bought and taken home. Soooo cute, he is! Congrats on your new addition

And tire of baby talk? NEVER! I'm loving the updates, so keep 'em coming.

Shawn said...

So my prayer has been answered...a layed back boy (but not the brown hair). I see Chester has red ears.
God answered 2 out of three specifics, we just didn't know it would be a puppy!!

Katy,
What characteristics are you praying for in this child?
We know it is active!

Your BFF,
Shawneepooh

angela said...

He does look like a stuffed puppy! So cute.

BTW, I just did the blog that you tagged me to do.