Thursday, October 11, 2007

God's Perfect Timing

I've been a little quiet for the past few days...partly because I'm still relishing in the fact that two--COUNT 'EM, TWO!!!--of my favorite authors stopped by and commented on my blog. But I've also had a lot going on and have a lot coming up. But I have a cool story to share about how great God is and what He did this week.

I am the Queen of Good Intentions. You would not believe what a nice person I am, at least in my head. I have plans to bless others out the wazoo, but so much of it never comes to fruition. My follow-through stinks. Not only that, but I am also the Princess of Procrastinators, especially when it's something I dread doing. Recently I had promised my newish neighbor that I would bring a meal over after her daughter's eye surgery. Guess what...I FORGOT! I felt awful about it, and I knew I had to make things right. I kept putting it off, however, because I don't know my neighbor very well and wasn't sure how she would react. I finally sucked it up yesterday and MADE myself go take a casserole and some cookies over as a peace offering. I prayed and prayed that God would give me the words to say, that I hadn't done irreparable damage (I don't know what her spiritual status is), and that He would be glorified. I'm standing at her door, wanting to get this over with yet kind of hoping she won't be home. Not only was she home, she had company. It can't get any worse.

She lets me in and I start babbling my apology. She is very sweet, tells me not to worry about it, and that the baby is doing well. I show her my peace offering, and she is very excited. She says (and this is the way cool part), "Wow, I was just wondering what I was going to do for dinner. The kitchen is pretty torn up because of the work we're having done, so this is perfect." Isn't that cool? God's timing is perfect even when I procrastinate! GOD, YOU ROCK!!!

I am off till probably Sunday or Monday. I will be leaving tomorrow afternoon for Dallas for my 25-year high school reunion. I am very excited. No, really, I am! I'll tell you all about it when I get back. I might even try to post some pictures!

Have a great weekend, all!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Love that, Katybug...God's timing is always perfect even when we procrastinate. Soooo true!

Have a great time at the reunion!

Jenster said...

I am the Queen of Good Intentions. You would not believe what a nice person I am, at least in my head. I have plans to bless others out the wazoo, but so much of it never comes to fruition. My follow-through stinks. Not only that, but I am also the Princess of Procrastinators, especially when it's something I dread doing.

Hey! Are you sure you're not me??

I love how God blessed you and your neighbor. His timing is so great.

The Daily Bee said...

I thought I was the Princess of Procrastinators. I know exactly how it works, you have all these ideas and make plans in your head and then forget. I do it all the time; I buy gifts for people and never give them! I have a gift in my house that has been sitting there for over six months. Pretty bad.

Please post pictures of your reunion, I'd love to see em'!

SHARLENE said...

I am so glad to hear I'm not the only one who lives in the "world of procrastination". Or in my case, plain old forgetfulness. How many times have I started a list at church of people to whom I MUST send a card that week? Then weeks later, I find that list which I tucked inside my Bible. Those are the days I say, "Ooooh, I hate myself!"

I long to be more like the Savior, but it seems the harder I try, the more I fail. Isn't it so refreshing to read stories such as the one Katy just shared? I love that even though she was late in delivering the casserole, the day she DID deliver it was probably the day God designed it to happen!

His timing is indeed perfect in all things.

Now I feel like I should go make a casserole for someone.

Hugs,
Shar

flowerpot said...

Great job, Katy! God is never late nor is He early ... He's right on time.
love,
Misty