Friday, January 11, 2008

Quite Possibly The Best Pirate Movie Ever



For those of us who are devoted Veggie Tales fans, January 11th is a momentous occasion. It is the day of (drumroll, please) Big Idea's second theatrical release, "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything"!!! TA DA!!! (insert thunderous applause)

Their first venture onto the big screen was "Jonah--A Veggie Tales Movie", and it was FABULOUS! (I still cry nearly every time I hear "God Is A God of Second Chances".) "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" promises to be another winner. Yes, I know, they don't look so fierce. Perhaps it's because these pirates are here to show us what true heroes are like. WHAT??? You're one of those fuddy-duddies...uh, I mean people who just doesn't care for cartoons or kids' movies??? Do you have a pulse? Please, for your own sake as well as that of all mankind, I beg you to reconsider. Remember the Rocky & Bullwinkle cartoons? That should give you an idea of what it's like to watch a Veggie Tales show: a lot of fun for the kids while sneaking in some clean adult humor to make it enjoyable for the adults.

Still need convincing? It's a show about "a bored gourd, a sour grape, and a cucumber who wants to be cool", according to the trailer. You'll get to see the new music video "Rock Monster" (sung to the tune of the B-52's "Rock Lobster"). Does the name Steve Taylor ring any bells? He contributed a song called "Yo Ho Hero" and performs it with yet another favorite of mine, the Newsboys. And if THAT'S not enough, it will be worth seeing just to see cheese curls turn evil! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Still not convinced? Then YOU need to see it more than anyone. Quick...buy your ticket early and camp out by the front door of the theater. It's okay...your therapist agrees with me.

When "The Bee Movie" came out, I put together a very casual Friday afternoon at the movies with several classmates and friends. It was great fun and we had a great turnout, so I'm doing it again for this one too. After school gets out on Friday, we are heading to the theater!

So if you're looking for something to do this Friday, check out "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything". It's my favorite way to get my daily dose of vegetables.

6 comments:

Jenster said...

We're all quite excited about it around here! Of course, I doubt we'll end up seeing it until it comes out on DVD. But then we'll buy it and can watch it anytime we want!!

And I never hoist the mainstay and I never swab the poop deck, and I never veer to starboard 'cuz I never sail at all, and I've never walked the gang plank and I've never owned a parrot, and I've never been to Boston in the fall.

You don't get more real than that, man.

Becky said...

We're SO there!

Yay!! More reasons to speak to the kids in Pa Grape's voice!

Katybug said...

Jenster, I agree...that pickle...oops, cucumber is just so...like wow, man...

Well I've never plucked a rooster
And I'm not too good at ping-pong
And I've never thrown my mashed potatoes
Up against the wall

And I've never kissed a chipmunk
And I've never gotten head lice
And I've never been to Boston in the fall


Becky, I for one am DYING to hear YOU talk like Pa Grape!!! I'm looking for you on YouTube!!!

Jenster said...

Katy!!! Todd's watching CSI while I'm blessedly playing on my newly fixed laptop and it has to do with steer roping and stuff (I think - I'm not actually watching it) but anyway, one of the scientists in the lab said in his best Christopher Walken accent "I need more cowbell" while he rang the one from the killer steer or something like that.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I had to share. :o)

The Daily Bee said...

I haven't seen a Veggie Tale in years! I used to watch this kid years ago and he was a huge Veggie Tale fan. I love them!

This movie looks so cute, I just may have to see it when it comes out on DVD.

Have fun, Matey!=)

Katybug said...

Oh Deb, don't wait for the DVD! It was SO WORTH seeing it in the theater! You won't be sorry!!!