Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Other Shoe Has Just Dropped, Part Duuuuhhhh....

Several of you have asked for more details. I don't have a lot to offer, but I'll give you what I have.

First, you might remember my "Walking Wounded" post where I mentioned how Little Bit and The HOFFER both fell down the stairs and hurt a foot, and how I was just waiting for my turn. Well, I think this is my turn, hence the title of this post.

So you want details? Not many details to be told...we JUST found out Wednesday morning. And YES, I KNOW WHAT CAUSES THIS. We weren't trying at all, didn't even think it COULD happen, to be quite honest with you. Considering my history with infertility--it took us 5-1/2 years to get Little Bit--I assumed it was a non-issue. But my cycle never showed up, so The HOFFER jokingly suggested we might be pregnant. I did a pregnancy test early Wednesday morning, which gave me a positive result. I thought that SURELY I had done something wrong and CLEARLY it was a false positive. So a few hours later I did another test...and got another positive. My doctor said they are extremely accurate these days. So after slowly coming out of a complete state of shock and disbelief, I made a doctor appointment. I go on the 28th for a sonogram to check heartbeat and get a crash reminder course on what comes next. The HOFFER has been a bit numb for a couple of days, but seems to have taken it well otherwise. Little Bit wasn't happy at first--her exact words when we told her were "I'm doomed". But she has had time to ponder and think about it, and now she is excited about it too. If our calculations are correct, Little Bug (his official-for-now name...thanks, Annski!) should be making his first appearance some time in September or October. My biggest concern is that, by the time Little Bug arrives, I'll be just short of 45. (Ouch...did I just admit that???) I am just having to trust that God knows what He's doing by giving Little Bug to us. So we'll see what He has in store for us.

That's about all the news I have! I'll keep you posted as things progress. Sorry to keep you in suspense!

7 comments:

The Daily Bee said...

I can't speak from experience... but that must have come as quite a shock! Little Bug - love it!

45, Katy? 45? I repeated myself because I never would've thunk it! You look so young! I hope I look that good at 45!

God's got it all under control, I know, easier said, but it's true. Little bug is already blessed to be apart of the katybug/hoffer/little bit family. =)

Katybug said...

"45, Katy? 45? I repeated myself because I never would've thunk it! You look so young! I hope I look that good at 45!"

DEB, I LOVE YOU!!!;-) Thank you...hearing that NEVER gets old!!! :-) And I am so comforted to know that God has His hand in all of this. It's interesting to see how He "messes" with our lives. We have/had some grand plans for the year, but I confess I didn't check with Him first. This is what I get!!!! =)

Becky said...

YYyyyyyiiippppeeeeeeee!! Awww...a baby!

Congratulations! That's exciting news. I'll bet LittleBit is delighted, huh?

We forget, but women in our grandma's generation were often having babies in their 40's. It's doable! In fact, aside from the energy factor those first few weeks, I felt much more equipped to be a parent the second time around than the first. When I was younger. (There were 9 years between our boys).

Besides, GOD knows what He was doing!

Katybug said...

You're right, Becky, it IS doable. I was 37 when Little bit was born. My mom was 42 when I was born. Sarah was 90 when Isaac made his way into the world. God allowed it to happen, so I'm thinking this will be a good thing. And Little Bit will be 9 by the time Little Bug arrives, so you and I will be in the same boat! ;-)

Jenster said...

It's going to be PERFECT because it was all God's idea!! I'm so excited for you!!

So does this mean you won't be coming this way in the summer?? I will understand if you don't and I'll just hold on to the fluffernutter fixings until you do. No. I take that back. I'll just get NEW fluffernutter fixings at that time. lol

Katybug said...

LOL!!! I don't think it will change our plans that much, and we do have plans to head to the glorious northeast. Just not sure when. Rest assured you will be the first to know when we head that way. God willing, of course!! ;-)

Jenster said...

Great! Let me know and hopefully it will work out this time!