Friday, June 6, 2008

I'm Speechless (And The Countdown Has Begun!)

If you look at the length of this post, you will probably think, "This woman obviously does not know the meaning of the word 'speechless'." I will explain that part later. But as you can see by the ticker at the top of my page, as of today, I have 100 days till my due date. THE COUNTDOWN HAS BEGUN!!! WOO HOO!!! As for an early delivery, that is only wishful thinking. My family has a history of delivering big babies and delivering them late. I'm not complaining about the big...that means my baby is healthy. I'm just whining about the late. Fortunately for me, Dr. P. said that we wouldn't go past the due date given my age. What a great doctor!!! ;-)

I wish I were one of those women who enjoys being pregnant, but I'm not. My sister and my niece both absolutely love it. My sister cracked her best jokes when she was pregnant, and given that she has 5 kids, she has come up with enough material to last a career for any comedian. Me? Not so much. I hate being uncomfortable, I hate being hot (which is a constant here in Texas), I can't function without adequate sleep, I hate having to think about food 24/7, I hate having to pay ridiculous prices for and wear maternity clothes...blah, blah, blah, whine, whine, whine. Those of you who have been pregnant before know the drill. That being said, I am nonetheless so very blessed to have been given this great gift. I love the end result and know that going through all the stuff I don't enjoy is so very worth every minute of it. Little Bit is solid proof of that. So I try to keep my whining to myself and not complain...no one wants to be around a whiner. I don't know how successful I've been at that...I'll have to check with The HOFFER. God bless him...he is on the receiving end of most of those whines. What a saint.

I slept pretty late this morning. My allergies are giving me fits and I'm taking all the medicine I'm allowed to take, as well as what works for me. Claritin and Nasacort work pretty well but sometimes need some extra help. If I weren't pregnant, I would have two or three days of Sudafed 12-Hour to get dried up and be done with it. Alas, it's one of those pregnancy draw-backs that I can't take Sudafed, so my head feels like it's the size of a watermelon and my nose the size of a large naval orange. I can take Benedryl, but it gives me weird dreams that keep me up all night. My allergies are usually at their worst at night because (those with weak constitutions or are reading this during a meal may not want to read this next part) all that yucky drainage settles in my throat and chest since I'm lying down. So sleep is once again eluding me, hence not getting up till after 10:00 this morning. Let me tell you...I needed it!

Once I did wake up and get going, I ran out to grab breakfast for everyone because I am out of eggs. Must have protein first thing in the morning, and LOTS OF IT. After I got back with a bag full of breakfast tacos and started to sit down to eat with Little Bit and The HOFFER, there was a knock on my front door. We ran to see who it was, and we were pleasantly surprised to see our Mail Delivery-Babe with a big box for us. My Blog Buddy Shauna from The Coffee Stop sent me a bottomless box of baby goodies! I was speechless. So to brag on my Canadian buddy's incredible generosity, allow me to share the bounty with you. Little Bit will be serving today as our resident Vanna White.




Here is Little Bit giving Shauna the "I LOVE YOU" sign for the Littlest Pet Shop puppy/kitty (we're not exactly sure, but Little Bit doesn't care at all!) sent just for her! It's also a virtual pet that can be registered and played with online. Right up her alley!!! Her exact response was "I'M GOING TO SLEEP WITH THIS FOR ALL ETERNITY!!!"





Here she is showing off one of the baby gifts. It clips onto the car seat cover and the two little noisemakers hang down for the baby to grab. VERY cool!!!



And then came THE CLOTHES, which if you have ever shopped for baby girl clothes...OM MY GOODNESS. THEY ARE IRRESISTIBLY SWEET!!!! The first picture is a package of onesies...something there are NEVER enough of for a new baby. The second picture is of a package of long-sleeved nighties. Of course they're pink and girly!!! Love them!!!

Oh, just a side note: Little Bit and I went to register earlier this week. She didn't understand that we were REGISTERING ONLY, NOT BUYING. While I filled out some paperwork, she grabbed a cart and came back a few minutes later with about 15 outfits, nearly all of them some form of pink. When Little Bit was born, all but about two or three of her outfits were pink. I LOVED IT!!! Okay, back to the bounty:



FOOTIE-JAMMIES!!!!






Another onesie...the second picture has a close-up of the front. Hard to believe that Little Bit was once this size!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!





HEY! How did Chester the Wonder Dog sneak in here????





A smelly-good for Mommy and Baby...





More clothes. Isn't she going to be such a sassy girl??? Check out the detail on the jeans!





And of course, Little Bit modeling the outfit!





One more of the Wonder Dog. Silly boy.


So Little Bit has spent one day of her summer vacation playing with her new online pet, and I don't mind. It has given me the opportunity to brag about a sweet and generous friend whom I have never met in person, but hope to do so one day! Shauna, thank you again for your wonderful gift. The HOFFER and I were in tears as Little Bit kept bringing more and more stuff out of the box! I am so privileged to know you, if only as an online buddy. You rock!

10 comments:

Becky said...

Awww, I always knew Shauna was a sweetheart, but that was an especially sweet and generous thing to do. I'm gettin' all misty just readin' about it. (I left off the g's for you Texans, lol).

It's hard to believe it's only 100 days away! That's so exciting!!
Lil Bit looks like she's chomping at the bit to become a big sister, and I'll bet she makes a wonderful one.

I'm not one of those that enjoys pregnancy, either. My sisters were radiant, darling, unflappable pregnant gals with tiny baby bumps that adored being pregnant...while I was this ginormous, ungainly pregnant woman that looked like I was having quadruplets, waddled when I walked, and who got really cranky in the heat.

But it's always worth it in the end!

Jenster said...

WOW!! It's like you hit the lottery or something!! Maybe I'll tell Shauna I'm going to have a baby! On second thought... She is a sweetheart!

Only 100 days left?? It's going by in a flash, isn't it??

The only thing I liked about being pregnant was having an excuse to be big.

Katybug said...

Hey Becky, yes, Little Bit is chompin' at the bit to be a big sister. She keeps telling me "I can't wait till Baby Sarah gets here!" She's going to be a great helper.

Jenster, I TOTALLY hit the jackpot! That Shauna is a honey. :-) This is going much faster than I thought it would. The days themselves kinda crawl, but time really is passing by quickly. I'd say I can't wait till this is done, but that would mean school would be in session again, and I'm not quite ready for that just yet!!! I'm loving summer vacation, but I will be glad when September gets here.

Shauna said...

I can't believe you have less than a hundred days to go. It seems to have flown by. 'Course, I'm not the one pregnant. ;-)

I was a terrible pregnant person. I grumped and complained through most of it. I'm short and have hardly no space between my hips and ribs. It makes for a very cramped baby and a VERY grumpy mom. :-) By my third pregnancy, my back was so bad and the pain so intense and debilitating, I actually got stuck on the doctor's table, pants around my ankles, unable to move. Talk about feeling like a beached whale! It's a whole new kind of humiliation having the doctor send the nurse back in to help you off the table. *blushing*

I am soooo glad you liked everything. I think the LPS is a kitty - it was the cutest one of the bunch. :-) Little Bit is absolutely ADORABLE!!

I'm not sure if I said this already, but the candle is a Gold Canyon candle. The fragrance is called "Love Struck" and is one of the most popular. I fell in love with these candles back at Christmas and couldn't resist the opportunity to share them with you. I hope you like it.

The Daily Bee said...

Less than a 100 days! I can't way to see pics of her.

Shauna, girl, I forgot to mention that I'm having twins... and they like shoes, size 8 1/2. lol!

So sweet!

Katybug said...

SHAUNA!!!! Even for me, this pregnancy has flown by! I was surprised at how quickly it has gone. I expect to reach whale status very soon. :-) I DOOOOOO love the candle! I have heard of Gold Canyon candles but don't think I've "experienced" them first-hand. I am looking forward to having it around. It smells soooooooo gooooooooooood...Thanks again for EVERYTHING! You are too precious!

Deb, you are hilarious!!! As for pics, I plan to take my laptop to the hospital with me, so I should be able to download pictures.

Sandy said...

Hi Katy - happy 100 day countdown. Very exciting for your family ...

Sandy

Shauna said...

Deb - Bwahahahaha!! Size 8 1/2 and romance books???

The Daily Bee said...

Yes!! They love romance books! lol

The Daily Bee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.