Friday, June 27, 2008

I'm Officially A Fan

I must confess that, while I haven't used AOL in years, I love AOL's main page. There's always something there that peaks my curiosity enough to check out the picture or first paragraph of an article. Sometimes it's worth looking into, sometimes not. But look what I found there today! Definitely worth checking out!!! I believe the entire article would be found at USA Today, but this I found--via AOL's main page--at http://www.oceanup.com/oceanup/2008/06/kevin-jonas-sr.html.

I am typically a big fan of Disney movies, but generally not too hip to their TV shows or Disney radio. With the radio especially, I feel like I'm being constantly yelled at. And no, it's not a pregnancy thing either. :-) Age-related...perhaps. It does sound like something my mother would say. Anyway, what little I've heard from the Jonas Brothers has been good, so I already liked them. This article just made me an official fan. It's nice to be able to tell Little Bit that the music she so wants to listen to is something I can endorse. I love that God always finds ways to put His children in places of influence in some of the most spiritually desolate places...like Hollywood! Check it out!

************************************************************************************

June 24, 2008

Kevin Jonas Sr. "We Didn't Give The Boys Purity Rings As A Pledge Of Perfection."

Jonasbrotherspurityrings

















The Jonas Brothers wear purity rings as symbols of their commitment to remain virgins until marriage. Their ordained minister father, Kevin Sr., strives to make time for the family to worship and give thanks for their blessings.

He revealed to USA Today: 'The boys made a decision when they turned 12 years old to put those rings on their fingers. We didn't give them these rings as a pledge of perfection, but as a reminder of values. Our hope is that they'll always know that there's a good, right way to treat the opposite sex.'

Joe added, 'Even songs we write today, if you really listen to the lyrics, it can be about love songs, but it's also about our relationship with God. It's simple. We're Christian guys in a rock 'n' roll band.'

*************************************************************************************

ROCK ON, GUYS!!!

7 comments:

Becky said...

I like those boys, too. They've obviously got good values, and had some good parenting!

Katybug said...

I'm very impressed with them! The one on the right--I'm still learning who's who!--looks like a guy I dated in college! :-)

Shauna said...

I've never heard of these guys before, but I'm extremely impressed already. What's the name of their group and what genre of music do they play?

Katybug said...

Hey Shauna! I guess since your boys are much younger (the oldest heading to 1st grade, right?) you may not have had the opportunity to see The Jonas Brothers. They are part of the "Disney Machine" that keeps cranking out teen/tween stars like Miley Cirus, Hillary Duff, Zac Effron, Jesse McCartney, etc. (altho' they may have had exposure prior to becoming part of Disney...I don't know). They sing pop/rock-n-roll...as RnR as young kids can get.;-) While they are no Led Zeppelin, their music is pretty good. My favorite song of theirs (so far) is "The Year 3000". They recently starred in a made-for-Disney-TV movie called "Camp Rock", which I've heard is the new "High School Musical". Little Bit hasn't sat down to watch it yet. They also performed on the final episode of "American Idol". Good to know there's something pretty safe your budding head-bangers can listen to, huh? ;-)

Jenster said...

My Katie got all excited when she found out they were Christians. It is nice to feel good about secular music, isn't it?

A secular band that I LOVE is Lifehouse. Pretty much all their songs are written from the perspective of a Christian singing to God, but most mainstream listeners don't realize that. Regardless, their messages are very positive.

The Daily Bee said...

I never knew they were Christians. Aren't they cute?

I saw them perform on Dancing With the Stars. They have the young girls wrapped around their fingers.

Katybug said...

Hi Jenster!!! I think if I was Katie's age, I would be very excited as well! Growing up I was one of those girls that bought every fan magazine and had at least one bedroom wall completely covered with pictures and posters...could NOT see a BIT of wall!!! I did have to take down an Andy Gibb poster b/c he was wearing an open jacket with no shirt...Mom thought that inappropriate! And I love Lifehouse too! I got so excited the first time I heard their music on our local Christian radio station.

Deb, you are right on! These cuties DEFINITELY have the tween/teen demographic falling at their feet!!! :-)