Thursday, December 13, 2007

Welcome to the Family!



Please indulge my auntly pride as I introduce you to the newest member of my family. The handsome fellow relaxing in the baby barcalounger is my niece's #2 child and #1 son. His name is Dane (NOT named after Dane Cook), born Thursday, November 15 at 10:49 pm, weighing in at 8 pounds, 10 ounces, and 20 inches long. Standing at the top of his bouncy seat is big sister Jovi (NOT named after Jon Bon Jovi...are you seeing a pattern here?), who is 2-1/2 years old and very excited to be a big sister, as you can see. Jovi looks EXACTLY like my niece did at that age. Adorable, huh?

My mom now has 18 grandchildren and two--count 'em, TWO--great grandchildren! We are so very blessed.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Awwww, welcome Baby Dane! He and has big sister are cuties.

You are indeed very blessed to have a big family.

Jenster said...

What precious kiddos!! I love that Jovi's smile. They both look extremely munchable!

The Daily Bee said...

Congrats Auntie, he's so sweet! I love big families! I have yet to have a "real" niece or nephew... I'm anxiously waiting.

flowerpot said...

Sweet and so cute!

Jenster said...

Hey! Where are you??

Happy 2008!!!

Becky said...

Oh where have you been, Katybug, Katybug, oh where have you been darlin' Katy...

We've been missing ya'll!

Katybug said...

Hey Becky!!!

Yeah, I got a similar email from Jenster. :-) I have missed everyone as well,
but the holidays have been very busy. I'm also having some issues with my mom
that I'm having to contend with--she's 87, went blind two years ago, and yet
still wants to live on her own. She's a bit of a stubborn bird...which is
admirable in some respects, maddening in others. Right now she's in the
maddening stage. ;-) I will be back soon. I have a post I've been working on
and I'll be back on everyone else's blogs soon as well. School starts up again
on Monday, so that will get me back in my routine.

Thanks for checking in, Sweetie!