Saturday, February 7, 2009

Final Holiday Thoughts, Facebook and Picture Day!

So Queen Flowerpot brought out her soapbox--and I LOVE it when she does--and reminded me that my list was all about "doing". My Christmas was a very "Martha" Christmas. You know, Martha in the Bible? It's found in Luke 10:38-42:

As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"

"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."

I really relate to Martha. It bugs me when I am "slaving away" (drama queen!) at something and others sit around, seemingly oblivious to the massive amount of "stuff" that needs to be done. It's very self-centered of me. Jesus would probably tell me the same thing He told Martha. After all, isn't Christmas His birthday? Why shouldn't He get what He wants? I love the Christmas "to-do's"...they make great memories and traditions...but they need to be in balance with what's truly important about the holiday. It's not just a cliche'; Jesus really is THE REASON for the season.

Thanks, Flowerpot, for the reminder. You can get up on your soapbox with me ANYTIME!

*********************************************************************************

I did it...I finally took the Facebook plunge!!!! On one hand, it's a drudgery to have one more computer-related thing to keep up with. On the other hand, I have friends from high school that I haven't seen since graduation that I found on Facebook, so I'm very excited about that. I was tagged by one such friend to post a 25 Random Things About Me, so if you are on Facebook, I would love to have you check it out. I had fun writing it, and it's a little different from the 7 Random Things I posted here last year.

I really tried to avoid the whole Facebook thing, but I had to finally give in. Little Bit wanted a page so bad, so I caved. She's the main reason I joined: I wanted to be able to see what it was all about and keep an eye on her all at the same time. Check me out if you're on Facebook too!

*********************************************************************************

My internet connection is finally fixed, and I can now post some pictures!!! YIPPEE! It's embarrassing...all it took was the push of a button. Argh...that's maddening. Anyway, here are some pictures I've been wanting to share. Enjoy!

I think she's about 3 months here.

No, we didn't give her the ice cream!!! But oh, she wants it baaaaad!!! That's my girl!!!

Wonderdog has great respect for the Dog Whisperer!

The HOFFER came up with this idea: Baby Bit's pacifier holder attached to the bottle to give her (him?) a "hands-free" feeding system. I'm not sure if I'm proud or embarrassed.

Baby Bit is about 2 months old here. Little Bit loves her baby sister! Next are some shots from Halloween:

My "little mermaids" and their daddy.

Little Bit and a friend from school...a very grooooovy girl!



Two Little Mermaids

My Littlest Mermaid


I'd better stop there...Baby Bit is HUUUUUNGRRYYYYYYY!!!!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Those pictures are precious...I LOVE the one of Two Mermaids. Adorable!

Good to see you around again!

Jenster said...

Such great pictures!!! Thanks for sharing!

I'm off to find you on Facebook!!

Katybug said...

It's good to be around again. I have missed hanging out in cyberspace. But my house is a little cleaner than normal...! :-)

Yes, Jenster, please come find me. I looked for you but did not. Come get me! You too, Becky!!!

flowerpot said...

OH, dear, I really did sound preachy in that comment from your last post. sheesh. So sorry. I meant to encourage that we love you for who you are, not what you do. :)

I am off to hunt you down on FB!
Love you!