Thursday, July 10, 2008

More Baby Stuff

I'm writing this shortly after reading the final blog post by Andrea at Punk Rock Mommy. It was my first time to read Andrea's blog, an online journal of her battle with breast cancer, and I am moved to tears. Her final words are beautiful, moving, and a good reminder of what's important in life. My heart rejoices with her as she is in the presence of her Maker, yet at the same time breaks for those she left behind. I look forward to meeting her one of these days when I also enter heaven. For now, I will grieve with and pray for her family.

************************************************************************************

On a significantly lighter note, my doctor appointment this past week went, once again, very well. Since I had an emergency C-Section with Little Bit, I wanted to schedule this one. Little Bit's entry into this world was exhausting. My water broke at midnight, and after several hours of epidurals and pushing, Dr. P strongly suggested a C-section because she wasn't coming out. She was finally born at 11:42 am the next morning. Not pleasant. Tiny Bit, unless she comes sooner, is due no later than September 14th. However, she is now scheduled for her first appearance bright and early on September 9th. That means that, as of this writing, she is only 9 WEEKS AWAY. OH. MY. GOODNESS. (Panic has officially set in.) Dr. P didn't want me to go past the 14th (40 weeks), so we had to schedule it during the week prior (39 weeks). My only request was "NOT on September 11th!!!" I just couldn't saddle her with that birthday, so September 9th it is. I go back again in two more weeks, when we'll do one more sonogram. Little Bit is very excited about that, so she's going with us for this appointment.

So here I am at 31-ish weeks:

8 comments:

Jenster said...

You are ADORABLE!! September 9th is Todd's birthday! Good day. :o)

Katybug said...

You are too sweet. Adorable isn't the word I had in mind, but thank you anyway. ;-) Todd is not the first person I've run into lately with that birthday. Another woman told me the same thing recently!!! Small world (but I wouldn't want to paint it!). :-)

Becky said...

You look positively radiant, Katybug! That's so exciting...before too long, you'll be holding a baby!

The Daily Bee said...

Look at you, sweet comes to mind. 9weeks? Wow!! Time has flown... at least in blogland.

Are you ready for her? Or will the next 9 weeks be hectic? =)

Katybug said...

You guys are TOO TOO NICE! Becky, I am SOOOOO looking forward to holding that baby! We talked about doing a 4-D sonogram to get a better look at her, but we realized that we'll never look at the sonogram again once she's here. So as cool as that sounds, we're going tosave that $150 and pass. But I can't wait to meet our Tiny Bit. :-)

Deb, two things have made the time pass by so quickly: 1) lots of naps, and 2) having my date moved up!!! :-) I'm not quite ready for her, as we need to get rid of Little Bit's bedroom furniture set. There's not enough room for all of it plus all of her STUFF, so we're going to sell it then get her a bunk bed with storage for her STUFF. Then we'll be better able to set up Tiny Bit's room. Maybe I should be, but I'm not really in a big hurry, b/c she'll spend at least the first month sleeping in our room for night-time nursing purposes. I might keep her in there longer just so I can avoid going up and down the stairs!!! =)

Shauna said...

Oh, I'm all teary. You look so adorable and...glowy. You have this look of joy that is beautiful. So, September 9 it is. I'm putting it in my planner and will send up prayers for you and Tiny Bit for a safe delivery. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this last home stretch!

Anonymous said...

((Belly Rub)) Sweet Katy! Have a great shower today! I will miss you.
Love,
Flowerpot

angela said...

Lookin' good!